Mooer Free Step Wah and Volume Guitar Effects Pedal
The Mooer MEP-FS Free Step brings together a vintage analogue wah and a very flexible volume control into one small, strong and comfortable expression pedal.
The Free Step has 3 different modes which can be changed using the MODE switch on the side of the pedal.
- WAH: Wah effect only. You can operate the wah with two different methods in this mode which can be changed using the SENSOR/SWITCH control.
- VOL: Volume pedal only. In this mode the Free Step will behave like any ordinary volume pedal. Heel down is minimum volume and toe down is maximum volume. Minimum volume can be adjusted between 0%-50% using the MIN VOL dial on the side of the pedal
- W&V: Wah and Volume mode. In this mode the Free Step will act as a volume pedal by default. To activate and deactivate the wah effect, use the second method described below in WAH mode. The SENSOR/SWITCH control is inactive in this mode. When in Volume mode the LEDs will illuminate blue. When actively in Wah mode the LEDs will illuminate red.
In WAH mode you can activate the effect at the touch of your sole using Mooer's innovative foot sensing circuit, or you can operate it using the more traditional ‘toe down’ footswitch method, allowing you to leave it cocked in any position you like as a filter. The custom inductor can be dialled in to your favourite wah tone using the very convenient Q Range dial on the side of the pedal.
In VOLUME mode the Free Step will stay faithful in retaining every nuance and detail of your tone. Its smooth, seamless transition makes it a joy to use in any rig to control your volume. The heel down (minimum volume) can be easily adjusted and set anywhere in the range of 0%-50% using the handy “min vol” dial on the side of the pedal.
All of this is wrapped up into an incredibly strong and sturdy expression pedal which will survive for years and years of even the roughest use.
- Wah and Volume controls in one pedal
- Mooer's custom inductor provides a truly delicious wah sound
- Q Range control allows the user to dial in the wah tone
- Selectable foot sensing control or traditional ‘toe down’ on and off operation in Wah mode
- Smooth, seamless volume control
- Retains every nuance and detail of your original tone
- Input: 1/4” mono audio jack (Impedance: 1M Ohms)
- Output: 1/4” mono audio jack (Impedance: 100 Ohms)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 154.5 x 73 x 53 mm
- Weight: 540g
- DC 9V Centre Negative Power Supply (sold separately)
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Dr Gear users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.